Sunday, November 2, 2008

From Boys to Men: The Sons of Singapura

A record number of 6 Singapore Buddhist Mission's Youths are serving their 2 years of National Service! That is not including Lokwei, Chufeng and Ah Hao... that will be 9! Take a look at whose protecting our country now!



From the armed forces:

Recruit Hairy
" I stepped on shit during field camp. SHIT!"
"I never shit for 6 days during field camp."


Recruit Lai
"Our sergeant ask us to do cover and concealment. I climbed up the tree and they cannot find me!"
"I saw Hairy and so I shouted to him, 'Mao Mao!'. But he did not see me. Instead, a hairy Indian sergeant thought I was insulting him and he told me to knock it down."


Recruit Du


Recruit Chin

Recruit Foo

And in the Police Force, we have Police Trainee Pearson.

From drummer boy to tired policeman sleeping on the floor.

Our land is prosperous and our nights are safe and peaceful. We can learn and play and grow together in harmony because of the sacrifices of these young men, together with the rest of the young Singaporeans protecting our nation. Thank you for serving and defending the country with your lives.

Majulah!

May the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha watch over you guys for the next 2 years.

P.S. Did I mention they are also botak now?

No comments: