Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Give Thanks


Your Wisdom lights up the gloom of ignorance
Your Love changes the colours of the wind
Your Compassion is a comfort to all beings
And your tranquil smile tells me that "everything will be alright"
You are the Light of the Universe, the Greatest Man Who Ever Lived.
I give my thanks to Lord Buddha,
The Great Teacher who guides me through the torrents of the world

You listen to the cries of the Universe
and in Your heart you weep
You vow to give solace to the troubled
and lift them up from sorrow
Your Compassion is praised by many
and revered by countless across worlds
Oh Avalokittesvara!
I give thanks to you for listening to my cries
and raise me up when I was down.

You are the Treasure of the Earth
Who has sacrificed for the fallen
Your selfless vows have been praised by the Wise
and revered by those who have no strength to do the same
But we can only aspire to one day be as saintly as you do
For you continue to dwell in the darkest echelons of samsara
In service of those who have walked the wrong path
Oh Ksitigarbha!
I give thanks to you for always inspiring and comforting
especially in my darkest hour

No comments: