Thursday, July 14, 2011

Busy like a bee

Been busy like a bee. What happened to my relaxing holidays!

As much as I have been getting less rest that I think I should be getting,
as much as I have been being home less than I thought I would be,

I feel like I'm finally back to the simplest reason that I started. Being grounded to it once again, not only do I feel immense joy, I feel immense peace with myself and with the world around me.

The reason I started to serve in SBM.
The reason I started to serve in the Y.

I might be very very busy, but I actually find my spiritual life more fulfilling-- because I am cherishing a lot of moments to cultivate myself and to practise the Dhamma.

Recently I've been thinking: how can I use the Dhamma to work with the volunteers?
How can I use to Dhamma to make an organisation grow?

And finding answers (not perfect, but still applicable) to these uestions further affirms my faith in the Triple Gems. It affirms me of our vision-- Bringing Joy to Oneself and Others through the Triple Gems.

The sense of joy actually stemmed from the realisation that the application of the Dhamma has made myself or someone else's life better, even if it is just a tiny bit.


I might be very very busy, but I find myself more aligned to my personal goals--
of wanting to cultivate myself spiritually,
of wanting to continuously learn with a humble heart,
of wanting to swim+run regularly,
of wanting to serve the Buddhist Community
of wanting to serve people with special needs.

I found a lot a lot of motivation in doing my research job-- it's seeing what I learn in Psychology being put into practice.

It is the exact same feeling when I see how the Dhamma can be applied into my daily life.

It is the exact same feeling when I see how the leaders from Lions could apply the workshop materials to their activities and reflections.

It's truly amazing, to see how the teachings of the Buddha-Dhamma impacts my life.

It's truly amazing, to see how the psychological theories can be applied to help an organisation grow.

It's truly amazing, to see how words don't stick as it is-- they are being put into actions. Being put into action, with commitment, results are REAL.

When we commit what we learn from the Buddha's teachings into actions, results are more than amazing.

No comments: