Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Of parents and of gratitude

I've heard how my peers have been complaining about how naggy/naggy/naggy our parents have been. I've been in that position myself.

For the past few days, I've been trying to get our youths' parents to gather together at our 30th anniversary so that our parents will know what we've been so so so occupied with. Tickets are at 50 dollars each, parents = 100 bucks!

and I don't know how to describe this feeling, but i felt very 欣慰, because as much as we've been complaining, a lot of the youths are planning to save up and treat their parents to the dinner.

I thought that one reason we want to bring our parents to this dinner -- for free -- because we really really want them to see what we've been doing. We're not too good at telling them things like how much we appreciate them, want their support and love them because we find these too cheesy.

So we do it in our own way, to let them see how we've been growing up fine and how we've been contributing to the community.

Really happy, 长大了。

=]
Mabel

No comments: