Monday, June 20, 2011

CAMP LIONS 2011: It's a wrap!


Mabel says: "Thank you people"

I've so many to thank and I've no idea how to start.Camp LIONS 2011 gave me a chance to work with change, to work with myself and to work with people around me. It wasn't too easy a journey, it wasn't as smooth as I thought it would be. But it was all worthwhile, to see more friendships forge, to see individuals grow and to see so many so many things within myself.

It was heartening to hear that the Leaders from camp enjoyed themselves and take away learning points. It was even more heartening to see that the Leaders have pushed their limits, as the rest of the organising committee have done.

Thank you Ernest, for always being there for me to vent my frustrations when the frustration button is pushed. Thank you for making me learn from my every lesson of anger outburst.

Thank you Vicky, for filling this camp with laughter.

Thank you Wufeng and Maomao, who have always reminded me of my goal and to stop focusing on the negative.

Thank you Shixiong, for filling me with the belief that I could do it; and I did it.

Thank you Zeming, Amy, Perry, Eric, Xinyi, Jun Keat, Wenjie, Billy, Ci Hui, Tricia for sitting through the sessions to discuss the workshop materials with me. From there i've learnt a lot a lot about the Dhamma.

Thank you Forester, for giving me the opportunity to talk to you and learn more about you.

Thank you Jianyong, Zeyan, for stepping in to support during Campfire, allowing LIONS to end with an awesome blast.

Thank you Ying Hui, Yuanyi, for being there hear me bitch about the world when I needed a listening ear. Thank you for being so adaptable and tolerant of the so many changes that we had throughout the 5 months.

Thank you Xinyi, for being willing to step up as a facilitator this camp. I'm very very happy to see that you managed to push your own boundaries and do beyond your doubts. I know that camp wasn't easy for you, but I've definitely seen you grow. Doubt yourself less, and do it when you want to do it, for the benefit of more people, Lions, sbm, or ycamp.

Thank you to everyone, who have contributed to this entire process of Lions. The planning of workshops, execution of LIONS and the continuation of spiritual friendship has indeed strengthened my belief in the Triple Gems. Sadhu to all of you.

No comments: